Wednesday, March 7, 2012

7-Kinds Healthy Vegetable Dish

7-Kinds Healthy Vegetable Dish



One of the many dishes that I learned from my Mother when I was still young and single. At first, I was wondering why the dish named as 7-kinds. She simply replied, because this recipe are composed of 7 different vegetables, mixed together to make a healthy dish that will surely loves by many.

Actually from the time I learned to cooked this dish, this was just my third time to try it once again. Though it's so simple to prepare, we seldom considered this dish as vegetable dish during family occasions.

Last weekend, we celebrated my Father's 61st birthday, though it was not such a grand celebration, there were different set of menu planned and cooked for the day. It was my Mother who really manages the cooking preparation for the said event. Since only few hours were left before lunch time and the visitors are started coming, I had no choice but to take the courage to cook it for family friends and other visitors who will join us in celebrating my Father's special day.

My eldest daughter named Sophia Camille, helped me a lot during cooking preparation. I told her, we need to cook this dish right and delicious as possible. She positively replied, "Ok Mama, let's do it! People will surely like it!!!

When we started cooking, we were both not aware that there were people looking at us. Smiling while watching us cooking. They were so amazed on how Ate Camille actively did her part during preparation as well as the level of her interest in cooking. 


Later I realized that at early at her younger age, I need to start sharing to her those special recipes I personally learned from my Mother.


Ingredients:
2 tablespoon cooking oil
2 tablespoon butter
4 pieces garlic, minced
2 pieces onion, sliced
1 pack or can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 piece stalk of celery, chopped
1/2 kilo mixed chicken wings, gizzard and liver, cut into small pieces


1/2 kilo carrots, peeled-off, cut into cubes
1/2 kilo turnips, peeled-off, cut into cubes
1/2 kilo green peas
1 big can young corn, sliced
1 big can whole mushroom, sliced
1/4 kilo kasuy nuts, plain
50 pieces quail egg, hardly boiled



Preparation:

  1. In a pan, heat oil and butter.
  2. Saute' garlic and onion.
  3. Add chicken pieces, gizzard and liver then stir.
  4. Add carrots and turnips. Do not overcook.
  5. Let it cover and stir occasionally.
  6. Add young corn, mushroom and green peas.
  7. Add little water and let simmer.
  8. Gradually add cream of mushroom then stir well.
  9. Add fish sauce and pepper to taste
  10. Add quail eggs, cook until sauce are thicken
  11. Moved out from fire then top with kasuy nuts.
  12. Served while hot.


If you are vegetarian and/or on a diet, this recipe will fits your taste and health needs. Thanks again, until the next post. God Bless us all...

No comments: