Friday, April 26, 2013

Steamed Fish Fillet with Garlic Sauce

Steamed Fish Fillet with Garlic Sauce



Hi! As promised, I may post new recipes here often than usual. God had given me so much time to do things that makes me simply happy :)

Today, I am sharing with you my newly learned and tried Chinese cuisine as requested by my kids. They just found it from my newly received free cookbooks named Healthy Home Cooking with Maggi; while viewing each of its pages, later they agreed to dare me to prepare this one :) 

To give a try, I did it this morning, so excited in the start but feeling so nervous while doing it longer; crossing out my fingers that my kids will like it once served during meal time.



Ingredients:
1 kg white fish fillet, cut into half ( I used Cream Dory Fish available at Waltermart)
1/2 tsp iodized salt
1 pack small sized Maggi Magic Sarap
ground pepper
2 tsp Cornstarch
6 gloves garlic, minced and toasted for garnish
1 tsp sesame oil
1 pc red or green bell pepper, cut into strip (optional)



Cooking Procedure:

Garlic Sauce:
  1. In a bowl, mix the following ingredients then set aside
  • 5 tbsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp Maggi Magic Sarap
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp cornstarch
  • 2 tsp Knorr Original Seasoning
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 2 tbsp butter

Fish Fillet:
  1. In a plate, mix cornstarch, maggi magic sarap, salt and pepper.
  2. Coat each piece of cut white fish
  3. Add Knorr Seasoning on top
  4. Place plate into a steaming dish
  5. Top with prepared garlic sauce and sliced bell pepper
  6. Steam for 20-30 minutes until done
  7. Top with toasted garlic and drizzle with sesame oil before serving
  8. Eat well and enjoy :)


When I am about to serve it, my youngest Iya was so excited to taste it. So glad, they both like it. For the one I cooked, since my kids hate spicy foods, I prefer not to include bell pepper. 

Its taste was really good, seems like I was eating at a Chinese Restaurant. So glad I did it. 
Try it and share here the results of your cooking experiments :)

Thanks again for viewing and may you keep on coming back :)
God bless us all, take care always :)

May you find time to view My Little Angels Online Shop to view latest product list and LIKE its Facebook Fanpage :)

1 comment:

My Little Angels Online Shop said...

Sharing with you how I cook a simple, soft and chewy Kutsinta during this quarantine period.

https://youtu.be/XKeOzeT44gc

An easy to make merienda for the family at very affordable cost.

Great business opportunity for teens, singles, mothers and mother-to-be especially nowadays, where work and income is very limited.

Hope you like it and please give your comments as well. May we all learn from one another😍😍😍

#homemadefoodgoodies #kursinta #putokutsinta

God bless and happy cooking🙂