Sunday, February 26, 2012

Buko Pandan Salad Special



I am proud to share with you this recipe made with the effort and personal touch of my eldest daughter, Sophia Camille.

Lately, I noticed how "Ate Camille" as we always called her, started to showed her interest to cooking. She used to stay beside when I am starting preparing for our meal until its done.

She used to named foods and asked me if I knew how to prepare it. Evey time I replied yes, she then immediately asked me to please teach her how to make it. She always asked me when will I start teaching her how to cook. When I asked her why she wanted to know how to cook as early as her age,she will then replied, "Mama, there were kids younger than me who joined recently ended Judy Ann's cooking show, the Junior Master Chef."  Maybe those little kids really influenced her to show up her interest into cooking as early as this time.


As starting point, last Saturday I teached her how to prepare one of her favorite dessert. From jelly preparation, cutting, blending of mixture until its completely done. I saw the excitement on her face while preparing for this foods, finding out what will be the results of her effort as well as the reactions of her tasters when served. 

It's serving time... I just noticed how she smiled and snobbed when her Papa and sister, Iya Samantha, told her, "Wow, ang galing na ni Ate Camille magluto, uy mag-a-asawa na yan, kaya nagpapaturo na kay Mama"...


Ingredients:

6-8 pieces Buko, thinly strips, drained well
1 pack flavored gulaman, prepared according to package instruction, cut into squares
1 bottle Nata de Coco, drained and set aside
1 250ml All Purpose Cream
1 300ml Condensed Milk

Preparations:
1. Blend all purpose cream and condensed milk in a bowl
2. Add gulaman cubes, nata de coco, buko meats to the cream mixture
3. Chill for 2-3 hours or overnight before serving
4. Optional: may served ala "Supreme"


Supreme Service:
1. Get 2 glass punch bowls, one must be slightly bigger that the other.
2. Put ice cubes and about 2 cups of water in a bigger bowl.
3. Put the smaller bowl on top of the bed of ice, then place desired serving size of prepared salad
4. An elegant presentation to chilled foods.





Then suddenly I realized, time really runs so fast. Our little baby now started to find and explore herself to learn new things into this magical world.  

We cannot control the movement of time. I just prayed that she remains smart and simple until she reaches all her dream in life.

Let me share with you some picture of her when she was still 2 and 5 years old. We love you very much Ate Camille...




Again, thank you very much for viewing. God bless us all.