Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Creamy Pineapple Chicken with Mushroom and Cheese

Creamy Pineapple Chicken with Mushroom and Cheese
(Pininyahang Manok with Mushroom and Cheese)



I would like to share with you how I made the usual Pininyahang Manok into a creamy and cheesy delicious dish. Another experimental dish, with a big hope that my kids will like it when served during lunch time.

Today is declared Special Non-Working Holiday at Santo Tomas, Batangas in celebration of their Town Fiesta. Since I had no worked today, I had the opportunity to try another recipe to serve for my kids.  


Ingredients:

1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
1 small size carrot, peeled, cut into wedges
2-3 cloves garlic chopped
1 large size onion cut into squares
2 pouch pineapple tidbits
1 big can whole mushroom, sliced
1 small can evaporated milk
1 small size red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
2-3 tablespoon fish sauce
salt and pepper
cooking oil
1 tbsp butter


Procedure:
  1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. 
  2. Marinate for about 30 minutes.
  3. In sauce pan heat cooking oil and butter.
  4. Stir fry cut chicken until medium cook. Set aside.
  5. Get about  2 tablespoons of oil from the oil used during frying.
  6. Heat oil, saute' garlic and onion.
  7. Add cooked chicken then stir.
  8. Add carrots, mushroom and and bell pepper, then stir.
  9. Add evaporated milk, grated cheese, pineapple tidbits and its syrup.
  10. Bring to boil, let it simmer from about 5-8 minutes.
  11. Add grated cheese and pinch of black pepper to taste.
  12. Stir occasionally.
  13. Add fish sauce to meet desired taste and flavor.
  14. Continue cooking for about 1 to 2 minutes and/or until the cheese is melted and the sauce turns creamy.
  15. Serve hot with rice.

During meal time, I  am so glad that my husband and kids appreciated the meal I cooked and served to them. It's always been my heart desire to cook extra special and delicious dishes every time we are together at home.

Again, thank you for viewing this recipe. I am really hoping that your family and kids will like it when you try it. God Bless us all.

No comments: