Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chicken Curry with Mushroom

 I already saw and tasted my Mother and other closed relatives preparing this menu during fiesta and family occassion, but I never tried to cook by myself.

Until one day, when watching Kris Aquino's latest morning show named Kris TV, she did cooking demo of this meal. I just noticed that she added button mushroom and used canned coconut cream in her dish. It's something unusual that what I usually saw with the others. The finished product really looks so yummy and I started to crave for its tastes.

Since my kids loves to eat foods with mushroom, I really got the interest to try it by myself. Looking forward for sometime to be free to do so. 

As a working Mom, it's always been my heart's desire to try new recipes for my family and kids especially during weekend. I have more time to spend in our kitchen, where I don't need to be in a hurry, unlike during week days. 

In one way or another, this is just my simple way of showing them how I really wanted to spend more quality time with them.

Finally, last Saturday we had no work and found some time to tried it. The taste of curry powder and coconut milk complements with each other. It's creamy and yummy. Better to try it for yourself to find out.

After all the efforts to make it as delicious as possible, well I truly glad that my kids liked it and mentioned "Sana po lagi na lang nasa bahay si Mama, para po masarap ang kain namin! Ang sarap, sarap po talaga!"


Ingredients:
1 kilo chicken, cut into pieces
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1-2 cup carrots, cut into cubes
1-2 cup potatoes, cut into cubes
1 /2 cup red bell pepper, cut into cubes
1 can whole mushroom, sliced 
1 piece onion, sliced
3 pieces garlic, minced
1/2 cup cooking coil
2 tbsp butter
1/2 -1 tsp curry powder
2 cup thick coconut milk

Preparations:
1. Clean cut chicken, drain well
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
3. Heat cooking oil in a skillet. Add chicken and butter. Cook over medium heat.
4. Cook chicken until done, then set aside
5. Using the same skillet, pan fry potatoes and carrots. Set aside when cooked
6. Get around 2 tablespoon of cooking oil on oil used for frying chicken and heat this in a saucepot.
7. Saute' garlic and onion until transparent.
8. Add cooked chicken, potatoes and carrots
9. Add mushroom and bell pepper.
10. Add coconut milk, season with salt and pepper.
11. Simmer the chicken in the coconut milk until the sauce is thick and almost dry.
12. Serve hot


 Thank you for spending your time in viewing this post. May your family likes it taste the same as time. God Bless us all.

No comments: